Below is a collection of resources enabling historical research on India from home.
A collectionf of court files dating back to the 1800’s
Files regarding East India in the Danish National Archives
The Danish National Archives are in the process of digitizing their holdings regarding Danish-East-India ist im Begriff. In addition to Danish and English-language documents, German-language documents — for example concerning the mission — are also included.
An open-access collection of digitized newspapers including:
- Daily Business Post, Pakistan, English, 1963–1973
- Dainika basumatī (দৈনিক বসুতী), India, Bengali, 1962–1992
- Dnyānaprakāśa (ज्ञानप्रकाश : the daily Dnyan Prakash), India, Marathi and English, 1914–1938
- Eastern Examiner, Bangladesh, English, 1962–1973
- Kerala chronicle, India, English, 1962–1963
- Lahore Chronicle, Pakistan, English, 1850–1953
- Malabar Herald, India, English 1962–1972
- Pakistan Observer, Bangladesh, English, 1962–1971
Resources and Guides
A growing collection of resources, guides, and tutorials covering methods and approaches for open data and social media research.
A list compiled by Marta Podvolotskaya and Rafet Koca containing various (often privately) curated online-archives with some exclusively pertaining to India or South Asia.